North West REC and Basin Electric Power Cooperative sponsor scholarships available to dependents of North West REC members; there are 12 scholarships available each year.
The scholarships include:
- $1,000 scholarships - One winner is selected from each of the four North West REC districts
- $750 scholarships - One winner is selected from each of the four North West REC districts
- $500 scholarships - One winner is selected from each of the four North West REC districts
The scholarship program is designed to recognize and encourage the academic achievements of students in the eight-state region where Basin Electric of Bismarck, ND, supplies wholesale electric power. Dependents of North West REC members may qualify if they meet the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a current North West REC member.
- Must be a senior in high school and planning to enroll in a full-time accredited, two-year or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school.
- Must submit the application as provided by North West REC.
- Must return all completed forms by the deadline date.
Selections are based on a combination of:
- SAT/ACT scores
- Overall grade-point average
- Work experience
- Participation in school and community activities
- A personal statement of career goals
- A written recommendation by a third party
To apply for the current scholarship, find details and the application form here. Complete the application and return it with other appropriate documents to:
North West REC
Po Box 435
Orange City, IA 51041
Or contact Renee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-707-4935 or 1-800-766-2099; an application will be mailed to you
Download our scholarship application form. Due date is Feb. 16, 2018