North West REC and Basin Electric Power Cooperative sponsor scholarships available to dependents of North West REC members; there are 20 scholarships available each year.
The scholarships include:
- $1,000 scholarships - One winner is selected from each of the four North West REC districts
- $500 scholarships - Four winners will be selected from each of the North West REC districts
There will be one $1,000 winner from each of the four districts of North West REC. The four $500 scholarship winners will be selected at each of our district meetings in March. It will be necessary for the applicants to be in attendance at their local district meeting in order to have a chance to win one of the $500 scholarships. The dates for the district meetings are:
Sioux County – Tue, Mar 19 – Unity Christian High School
O’Brien County – Thu, Mar 21 – South O’Brien School
Plymouth County – Tue, Mar 26 – Le Mars Community School
Ida County – Mon, Mar 25 – Skate Palace
The scholarship program is designed to recognize and encourage the academic achievements of students in the eight-state region where Basin Electric of Bismarck, ND, supplies wholesale electric power. Dependents of North West REC members may qualify if they meet the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a current North West REC member.
- Must be a senior in high school and planning to enroll in a full-time accredited, two-year or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school.
- Must submit the application as provided by North West REC.
- Must return all completed forms by the deadline date.
Selections are based on a combination of:
- SAT/ACT scores
- Overall grade-point average
- Work experience
- Participation in school and community activities
- A personal statement of career goals
- A written recommendation by a third party
To apply for the current scholarship, find details and the application form here. Complete the application and return it with other appropriate documents to:
North West REC
Po Box 435
Orange City, IA 51041
Or contact Renee at email@example.com or 712-707-4935 or 1-800-766-2099; an application will be mailed to you
Download our scholarship application form. Due date is March 15, 2019