North West REC offers members rebates and incentives on products that promote energy efficiency and help you save money for years into the future. Below are the categories and the requirements to meet in order to qualify for rebates and incentives. If you have any questions, contact us before purchasing any product.
Smart Choice Bonus Rebate Now Available
An additional $250 rebate will be added to air source heat pumps and $500 rebate for geothermal heat pumps. Both new and replacement installation on our lines qualifies. Backup heat must be electric to qualify. Limit of 2 per building.
Find details about these rebates and incentives available from North West REC below.
Air Source Heat Pumps Rebate Options and Rebate Amount
Residential - new and replacement loads
- If back up heat is electric $1200 per unit
- If no back up heat or if back up heat is propane or gas $800 per unit
Commerial/Industrial/Ag projects - new and replacement loads
- If back up heat is electric $1000 per ton
- If no back up heat or if back up heat is propane or gas $600 per ton
- Maximum rebate limit of $25,000 per installation
Smart Choice Bonus Rebate Now Available
An additional $250 rebate will be added to air source heatpumps and $500 rebate for geothermal heatpumps. Both new and replacement installation on our lines qualifies. Backup heat must be electric to qualify. There is a limit of 2 rebates per building.
Geothermal Heat Pumps Rebate Options and Rebate Amount
|Qualifying Unit Type||Rebate Amount|
|Residential geothermal heat pump||$1000 per ton on new units|
$250 per ton on replacement units
|Maximum rebate limit of $6000 per installation|
|Commercial/Industrial/Ag Projects |
*new load only
Maximum rebate of $25,000 per installation
|$1,000 per ton|
Smart Choice Bonus Rebate Available
An additional $250 per unit rebate will be added to air source heat pumps and $500 per unit rebate for geothermal heat pumps. Both new and replacement installation on our lines qualifies. Backup heat must be electric to qualify. There is a limit of 2 rebates per building.
Ductless Mini-Split Heating/Cooling & P-Tac Units
All units must be Energy Star Certified
$125 smart choice bonus rebate on Ductless Mini-Split heat pumps
- if back up heat is electric $1000 new load/$500 replacement
- if no back up heat or if back up heat is propane or gas $600 new load/$300 replacements
- maximum rebate limit of 50% equipment cost
- Rebate limited to two units per single family dwelling or outbuilding
- Commercial/Industrial/Ag Projects
- If back up heat is electric $800 per ton - new load/$400 per ton for replacements
- If no back up heat or if back up heat is propane or gas $400 per ton - new load/$200 per ton for replacements
- Maximum rebate limit of 30% equipment cost
- Limit of one rebate for each leasable hotel room
Central Air Conditioner Rebate Options and Amounts
We encourage air source heat pumps to be installed for greater efficiency, but for those members choosing to install central air conditioners, the following rebates apply:
|Rating and Seer of Qualifying Units||Rebate Amount|
|*only applies to new units, replacements don't qualify*|
|ENERGY STAR Certified||$100 per unit|
|*Load control switch is required to qualify for this rebate|
Electric Appliances Rebate Options and Amounts
To be eligible for a rebate:
- The appliance must be ENERGY STAR-rated (documentation needs to be provided)
- You must provide documentation (print the Appliance Rebate Form ), fill out and return to North West REC)
- Must be installed on NWREC's lines
- Each member-consumer is limited to a maximum of $250 in combined appliance rebates per calendar year.
|Clothes washer||$50 per unit|
$25 per unit
$25 per unit
|Freezer||$25 per unit|
|$25 per unit|
Building Insulation Rebate
- The building must be all electric as the primary heating source with electric backup
- Insulation must be professionally installed for blown-in, insulating concrete forms, rigid styrofoam panels and/or structural insulated panel type insulation
- Residential- rebate is limited to 30% of installed insulation cost up to a maximum rebate of $800 per building per calendar year.
- Commercial/Industrial/Ag buildings-rebate limited to 10% of installed insulation cost up to a maximum rebate of $2,000 per building per calendar year
To receive your rebate, download the Insulation Rebate form, fill it out and return the completed form to North West REC.
With energy conservation becoming one of the most important issues facing us throughout the United States, "Pull the Plug" programs were developed to provide our member-owners a financial incentive to properly recycle and dispose of older, inefficient refrigerators & freezers that use significantly more electricity than newer Energy Star® appliances.
If you, currently, own an older, inefficient refrigerator or freezer our "Pull the Plug" program offers an option to recycle up to three of these types of appliances, per year, and earn up to $50, each, in rebates from the cooperative.
Qualifying refrigerator and freezer units must be owned by a cooperative member and equal to or greater than 10 cubic feet in size. All appliances must be in working order at time of removal.
Pull the Plug : $50 Rebate on qualifying appliances
Program Criteria and Requirements:
- Participants of “Pull the Plug” agree to self-remove and recycle qualifying appliances via an approved and certified appliance de-manufacturer.*
- Participants of “Pull the Plug” will receive a $50 rebate, per qualifying appliance, up to three (3) appliances, per calendar year.
- Appliance(s) must be clean, empty, and in working order when recycled/disposed of by NWREC member.
- Appliance(s) may only be delivered to or be picked up by company/facility* that verifies recycling/decommissioning.
- $50 rebate includes all costs incurred by participant to self-remove and recycle qualifying appliance(s).
- Dated copy of receipt by the certified vendor/landfill/recycler must accompany the “You Pull the Plug” rebate application form (available from our office or online). Company/facility must specify appliance type in writing.
- NWREC member certifies that the item(s) listed in application have been removed from member’s location served by NWREC.
- NWREC reserves the right to modify (including incentive levels) or terminate this program without prior or further notice.
Marathon Water Heaters
We sell super energy-efficient Marathon water heaters directly to our members (and only to North West REC members). The rebate is subtracted from the sale price.
|Marathon Water Heater Size||Retail Price w/o switch||North West REC Member Price (rebate already credited) w/ switch|
Note: Hog Buildings will only be eligible for a 50 gallon WH at full price.
Our WH's are Sold only to members and installed on our lines. You must have a load management switch installed (at no cost to you) to receive the reduced rebated price.
- Level 2 Chargers: 2.9kW-17kW, 208-240V
- Must be hardwired and installation must meet local code
- Member required to provide charger make, model, S/N, specifications
- Cannnot back-feed into the system
Residential $750 per charger, 50% max equipment cost, max 2 chg/house
Commerial/Industrial/Ag $1200 per charger, 50% max equipment cost, max 5 chg/account
LED - fixture or bulb, replacement of incandescent, fluorescent or CFL
$300 per kw
- Residential/Commerial/Industrial/Ag buildings
- Minimum of 500 watts to qualify for a rebate (0.5 kw)
- Maximum rebate of 50% of the fixture/bulb cost submitted